Middle School Application
Instructions for Prospective Families
- Click on the Early Childhood Application button above.
- Select the "Create Account" link to create username and password.
- Type in your username in a "firstnamelastname" format (i.e. johnsmith).
- Select the "Create Account" button.
- Our system may recognize you by your email address.
- If the system recognizes your email address, your email address will be highlighted after you press "Submit."
- If this occurs, select the "Forgot Login?" button. You will then be prompted to enter your email address and name to receive an automatic reply containing your Community Portal username and password.
- Once you receive a Community Portal username and password you will have access to complete the online application. You can then monitor your student's progress through the admissions process.
Instructions for Current CWS Families
- Click on the Middle School Application button above.
- Please enter your existing Community Portal username and password when asked.
- Parent(s) attend a School Tour
- Complete the Application Form
• Submit the application fee of $75
• Include a photo of your child
- Complete and sign Academic Record Release Form and email to email@example.com
- Request that teachers email recommendations directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Math Teacher Recommendation
• English Teacher Recommendation
• Principal or Guidance Counselor Recommendation
- Submit the following if relevant:
• Educational or Neuropsychological Evaluation and 504/IEP
• Custody agreement & contact information for all parents/guardians
- Teachers review the file and determine if applicant moves forward to interview.
- Interview with applicant, parents/guardians and faculty.
- A two-day class visit will follow the meeting for applicants moving forward.
Admission Decisions are made by the faculty. Notification will be sent within two weeks of the class visit, or as soon as possible for summer or mid-year applicants.
Tuition Adjustment / Financial Aid
Please visit the Tuition Adjustment page for more information.
Notice of Nondiscrimination Policy
The Chicago Waldorf School does not discriminate against qualified applicants for employment or admissions to the School on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, or physical disability in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship, tuition adjustment, athletic, and other school-administrated programs.