Illinois Tax Credit Scholarship
Information for Students
ALERT: The Empower Illinois 2021–22 reservation form for the Illinois Tax Credit Scholarship will be available beginning Wednesday, January 13, 2021, at 6:30 p.m. (allowing families to enter their information before submission begins at 7:00 p.m.) Please visit the Empower Illinois website for additional information and updates.
Everyone must reapply, including those who received a scholarship for the 2020–21 year and those currently on the waitlist.
The application process is a two part process, and first come first served. The first step is of the application process is to register a time-stamped place in line. This takes a few moments and should be done now, using this link https://empowerillinois.org/apply/how-do-i-apply/ , if you are considering applying.
Information for Donors
Beginning January 1, 2021, Illinois taxpayers who wish to contribute can begin applying for a Contribution Authorization Certificate (CAC) from the Department.
- What is the Illinois Tax Credit Scholarship Program?
- Actions required to participate in the tax credit scholarship program
- What is Empower Illinois
- Who benefits from these scholarships?
- Can I contribute stock or securities?
- What if I am currently supporting Chicago Waldorf School with a scholarship?
- Who should I contact for more information?