2019 CWS May Fair
Saturday, May 11th | 10am-4pm
FREE ADMISSION & open to the public!
The holiday festivities include:
- Unique handmade & organic goods for sale from local vendors
- Local food trucks & fresh baked items
- Tie-dying & crafts
- Delightful play activities for young children
- Live music
What is the May Fair?
Traditionally celebrated by Waldorf schools throughout the world, the May Fair is a daylong seasonal festival that ritually celebrates the Spring. The school’s students and families welcome the larger Chicagoland community to celebrate the new season in an outdoor festival with live entertainment onstage, and vendor tables throughout the fair selling wares and food. The May Fair also offers children’s games and “maker” activities ranging from face-painting and tie-dyeing to child-made crafts. It presents music, drama & singing performances and children’s story-telling. The iconic centerpiece of all Waldorf May Fairs is the children’s Maypole dance (performed at noon by the 4th grade with musical accompaniment from the 5th grade) that continues a colorful performance tradition started by celebrants of May festivals popular since the 19th century.
Interested in becoming a vendor?
Artists & Vendors of Handmade, Artisanal or Unique Crafts and Food Service Vendors:
Share your wares, foods, goods and services with the Chicago Waldorf School community and local Andersonville neighborhood by participating in our Vendor’s Village or Food Court. Vendors provide goods, services & activities for all ages. The Vendor’s Village features clothing, jewelry, ceramics, paper goods, musical instruments, crafting materials, books, toys, and more.
72” x 30” table is $125
Details of the Rental Package:
- Rental includes placement at a standard sized table with 1 chair and branded signage displayed with your company name.
- Vendors will be listed in the May Fair Program given to all attendees and will be included in promotional newsletters that are emailed to the entire CWS community distribution list (2,000+ students, parents, faculty, alumni and friends of the school).
- Your company will be listed (as you describe it on the registration form) with contact information and a short description of your wares being offered.
To register please click the link below to complete a form with your information. Our May Fair coordinators will review your application. If approved, they will reach out via email to finalize payment and contractual agreements.